Applying for a licence in Australia

Once you arrive in Australia you must make an application to a relevant electrical licensing regulator for a provisional electrical work licence. You will need your Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) and relevant identification to apply. You will also need to enrol with a registered training organisation to complete your "gap training" and work under general supervision in your trade for 12 months before you can apply for a full electrical work licence.

Contact details of licensing authorities in all states and territories in Australia can be found at